There are 6 distinct parts to our curriculum.
1. The National Curriculum taught by class teachers and detailing the programmes of study and expectations for each year group
2. Re-syllabus 2017_18 following the agreed syllabus published by the Church of England Diocesan Board: Durham
3. The wider curriculum offer available to all pupils and taught by specialist class teachers / visiting professionals (e.g. additional sports, music, art , learning outside the classroom)
4. Community Projects are a vital part of our curriculum to prepare children for life in modern Britain. Community projects are decided by the children and tie in to co-constructed curriculum.
5. Outward Bound is our local visits and adventurous activities programme. Challenges gradually increasing in difficulty including a residential visit in Year 4 to Derwent Hill and followed by optional Challenge and Adventure programmes with the Outward Bound Trust in Yr. 5 and Yr. 6. Depending on levels of fitness and stamina an expedition and challenge week in the Highlands of Scotland is offered to pupils in Year 6.
6. See it…do it is our extra-curricular activity programme offering children the opportunity to develop a passion for all types of learning and also try out new experiences. Including our break time offer and an opportunity to engage in our competitive sport programme it also signposts pupils and families to the wider city offer See it…Do it! Sunderland. There are several documents you may find helpful:
After school learning opportunities
DOCUMENTS FOR TEACHERS
Reception Class Planning Document
Year 1 to Year 6 Planning Documents
These prompt posters help teachers and children remember what to put into certain types of writing. You can use them at home with your children as well as us using them in the classroom.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION (PE)
PLEASE NOTE: PE, MUSIC and Personal,Social, Emotional & Health Education are taught from schemes of work which we cannot publish here. They are available in school should you wish to view them. Please ask to see them if you are interested.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR CURRICULUM either as a member of the public or a parent, please do not hesitate to contact the school – details are on the home page of this website.