At Northern Saints we deliver remote learning using the Microsoft Teams platform. Teaching is provided through a blend of live online lessons, which are recorded and available for a short period afterwards, and activities which pupils can access independently. Communication between home and school is via the ClassDojo portal. Each pupil/parent has a unique login for each.
Additional resources which support remote education include:
- Education City
- Accelerated Reader
- Join-it handwriting scheme
- Lessons selected from the Oak National Academy
We appreciate not all families have access to technology to support online learning at home. Therefore, we have invested in additional ipads and have a number of windows tablets, funded by the DfE, which pupils may loan when they are isolating.
The Northern Saints Remote Education Plan sets out our approach to curriculum delivery and implementation of remote education should the following scenarios occur:
- A small number of pupils need to self-isolate
- A class or year group need to isolate
- Teachers need to isolate whilst pupils remain at school
- A local lockdown requiring all pupils and staff to remain at home
- Through this plan we aim to:
- Maintain high levels of communication and contact with pupils and their families.
- Continue to support the mental health and well being of the whole school community.
- Set assignments so that pupils have meaningful work each day in different subjects.
- Teach a planned and well-sequenced curriculum so that knowledge and skills are built incrementally, with a good level of clarity about what is intended to be taught and practised in each subject.
- Provide frequent, clear explanations of new content, delivered by a teacher in the school or through high quality curriculum resources, videos or live sessions.
- Gauge how well pupils are progressing through the curriculum, using questions and other suitable tasks and set a clear expectation on how regularly teachers will check work.
- Adjust the pace or difficulty of what is being taught in response to questions or assessments, including, where necessary, revising material or simplifying explanations to ensure pupils’ understanding
- Deliver a programme that is of equivalent length to the core teaching pupils would receive in school, ideally including daily contact with teachers
- To access our Parents Guide to using Microsoft Teams click here
- To access our Remote Education Plan click here