Role of the Family Worker
At Northern Saints, we have a dedicated Family Worker, who is a key member of our welfare team. Our Family worker (Kathleen McBeth) has worked within the local community for over 20 years and is well-known and respected by many of our families. Please read her personal introduction, to see how she might best support you and your family.
Introduction from Family Worker
My role in the academy is to provide support, advice and information to our families within our community. I can help you with any worries that you may have in relation to your child’s education, behaviour and wellbeing. I can also be here as someone to talk to or to offer a listening ear.
You can meet with me in the academy or contact me by phone. All advice and support is confidential, although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance with the academy’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy. I may not have all the answers, but hopefully I can help you to work out how to find them!
Support for pupils includes:
- promoting good attendance and punctuality
- promoting self-esteem and confidence
- promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning
- providing one-to-one support
- Kids Safe Educational workshops
Support for families includes:
- providing information and signposting to other services in the local area
- liaising with a range of external services such as housing and Social Care
- assistance in completing paperwork and forms e.g., housing, school places and benefits
- attendance and support at the academy and other agency meetings
- advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home
- Incredible Years parenting course
- guidance with career and personal development and access to training and workshops in the academy